C. Chris Nwabueze
Chris’s practice focuses on civil litigation matters, with an emphasis on insurance coverage litigation and advice. Chris advises domestic and foreign insurers in complex coverage matters and represents insurers in litigation arising out of directors and officers, management liability, professional liability, pollution liability, commercial general liability, and excess insurance policies.
While in law school, Chris was named the Harold Sullivan Scholar by the Illinois Judges Association for academic achievement. He was an Editor on the Loyola University Chicago Consumer Law Journal and was a contributing author of Commercial and Professional Liability Insurance (Illinois) 2012 edition.
- Representing a CGL insurer in a bad faith action brought in federal court in Illinois.
- Representing an excess insurer in a declaratory judgment action brought in state court in Indiana involving a claim for coverage related to two nationwide product defect class action lawsuits.
- Representing a CGL insurer in a coverage dispute in state court in Mississippi.
- Advising domestic cyber liability insurer as to a variety of coverage questions related to potential privacy breach.
- Advising and representing a domestic excess carrier related to an international arbitration.
- Texas State Bar
- Illinois State Bar
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- 2013 – J.D., Loyola University Chicago
- 2010 – B.B.A., Economics, Texas State University
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Chicago Bar Association Young Lawyers Section – Insurance Coverage Committee, Member
- Professional Liability Underwriters Society, Member
- Texas State University Alumni Association, Member